Saturday, September 3, 2011

Yes! Representation!


I love, love, love when black women are represented positively in advertising. I came across this video, not sure if it's an actual telivision ad or not, but c'mon, it really feels good to see a sista' not being used to build up a stereotype by appearing simple, loud, ignorant, ect, ect. These are so common nowadays I have no clue how these companies are getting away with the blatant racism and disrespect.....ANYWAYS.....
I thought this chick was so cute. She's happy, natural, not plastered in labels and just really seems like she's a blast to kick it with. Turns out her name is Cipriana, and she is a model and blogger from Brooklyn. Her Blog, Urban Bush Babes is about as adorable as she is. Love her style too, she did a good job of making me wanna hit of Kmart! ;)


Cipriana-from-Brooklyn-5

By the way can we take a second to talk about Cipriana's hair?!? She rocks the type of hairstyles that make you look twice, then a third time to figure out how she does it. I love it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...