Thursday, September 15, 2011

MY Americas Next Top Model All Stars


Last night the new "All Stars" edition of America's Next Top Model aired. I tuned in for the train wreck waiting to happen. I have to admit that she sucked me in with this one. In addition to the elaborate photo-shoots, I love the drama. Makeovers, attitudes, and missing Red Bull has all caused unbelievable drama on this show, and with a house full of such strong personalities, Tyra has the perfect recipe for ratings.
I am, however, somewhat disappointed that some of my personal favorite cast members are missing from the lineup, which inspired me to create my own list of ANTM All Stars:


Danielle Evans, Cycle 6 Winner
Her sweet southern accent and girl next door demeanor made her stand out. I also admire her taking a strong stance on not filling in her signature gap in her front teeth.

Yoanna House, Cycle 2 Winner
I love Yohanna because of her touching story about being overweight and how she grew tired of watching her dream of modeling slipping further and further away...so she did something about it.

Adrienne Curry, Cycle 1 Winner
Adrienne is awesome because she married Peter Brady.....and she's from Chicago.

Amanda Swafford, Cycle 3
Her most stunning feature was the thing that would eventually change her life forever. Already legally blind, and suffering from a degenerative eye condition which would leave her completely blind at 30. But this did not for a second stop her from following her dreams of modeling, which she accomplished, having much success in Moscow and Prague after ANTM.

Naima Mora, Cycle 4 Winner
"I was forced to look inside Naima and see what it is that makes me me, that makes me beautiful. And -- I found it. Part of the reason I felt I had to win this was because I represent something more than myself. I represent a black girl, I represent a Mexican girl. I'm part Irish. I'm everything". - Naima Mora

Jaslene Gonzalez, Cycle 8 Winner
Jaslene is the bizzness because prior to winning cycle 8 of ANTM, she was cast on cycle 7 and was eliminated in the first episode, not even making it to the semi-finals. She looked Tyra in the eyes and said "I will be back". And boy did she come back, dominating the competition. Jaslene is also from Chicago and after winning, she opened up about being in an abusive relationship and has since provided guidance for young girls.

Caridee English, Cycle 7 Winner
Don't let this pretty face fool ya...Caridee is NO angel. But that's why I like her.
She was criticized for making an impulsive yet crude joke to fashion photographer and ANTM judge Nigel Barker during a photo shoot in Barcelona, asking him "Did you just remove that from your ass from the last panel?" referring to a large stick Barker was holding. However, English has stated that "he actually joked back", and was never really mad. During panel, she took out a note and apologized to Barker.
There was a small bit of controversy regarding her on the show as well. She was shown speaking to her boyfriend on the phone in one episode. In the next episode, when the girls were overseas in Barcelona, she was shown passionately kissing one of the male models the girls worked with. English was interviewed saying that during that point, she and her boyfriend were seeing other people, and had since gotten back together.

Toccara Jones, Cycle 3
Toccara was so memorable because she was confident within  herself. As a "plus size" contestant, she was tested with alot of critisizm and slack for her weight, but that did not stop her from being successful. She now is a tv personality and model, even getting a little sexy for Smooth and King magazine.


Bre Scullark, Cycle 5
I have a love-hate relationship with Bre...but however I feel about her personality, She stood out to me on ANTM, and came to mind when I put together this list, so she must have something that draws the audience in...besides her threatening rants about Red Bull..One thing I will say I like about Bre Scullark is she is a spokesperson for Drop Dead Gorgeous, a non-profit organization which works against child sex-trafficking.

Mercedes Scelba-Shorte, Cycle 2
Mercedes was such a sweet girl who kept the secret that she was suffering from Lupus. She shared that she was often in so much pain but pushed through to follow her dreams. Mercedes is currently the spokesperson for the Lupus Foundation of America, and took on modeling again and tv roles after signing with Nous Model Management.

YaYa Dacosta, Cycle 3
Yaya was adamate to prove to the world that she was more than a pretty face. And she did a good job of it sharing that in addition to English can speak Portuguese, French, Spanish, and conversational Japanese. She graduated from Brown University with degrees in African Studies and International Relations.

Brittany Brower, Cycle 4
Brittany was definitely the wild child of ANTM. She's the kind of girl who just always takes it too far. But to me, people like her make life fun, and I secretly wished she was my childhood best friend who got me in the kind of trouble my parents laughed about when I wasn't around. Right on Brittany.

Eva Marcille, Cycle 3 Winner
Eva is so stunning it makes me physically sick. She has such beauty but off all contestants in her cycle, was the most insecure. She strutted in on the first episode and Tyra had her in tears within minutes. She set an excellent example for young girls who are insecure within themselves and may be exuding that upon others. A changed woman, Eva is now signe to LA Models and is doing great appearing in television and movie roles.
"This little tomboy from L.A. that has never been beautiful. I was not the cute girl in school. I came here the shortest and the one that had the most insecurities inside of them, and now I’m America’s Next Top Model. And I get to represent all the little girls who feel the way I feel... Watch out world here comes Eva. Ahh."

Lisa D' Amato, Cycle 5
Lisa, Lisa, Lisa.....If I could take any two ANTM contestants to a deserted island with me, it would be Brittany and Lisa! Aside from Lisa's carefree and crazy demeanor, I respect her because of her struggle.  She describes her upbringing to be nothing short of tragically abusive. On Celeb Rehab with Dr. Drew she disclosed that she has been on her own since a very early age and had triple jobs to support herself including modeling, pounding the pavement in Hollywood from acting jobs in commercials, movie roles, and modeling assignments as well as working at Pep Boys to Jamba Juice to waiting tables. Lisa has gone on to be successfull in the modeling industry, as well as a music career.


Now THATS a show that will get the ratings you want Tyra!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...