Friday, September 23, 2011

Interview for Inspiration

Today, I have the honor of sharing with you an incredibly inspiring woman, Chanel "Inspiration Educator" Hemphill. Chanel is a motivational speaker, Mogul Mama, and "CIO" of her blog:
It gives me great pleasure to use my blog as an outlet to spread her many uplifting messages. Please Welcome Chanel!
 Can you share with us a little about your background?
 My professional background is marketing, publishing and fashion. I hold a Bachelors of Science in Journalism/Integrated Marketing Communications  and minor in Sociology from SIUC. I currently work for an email publishing company based out of the UK. My spiritual background is Christian, child of God. My faith in God and his words have motivated me to keep progressing despite difficult circumstance. My personal background. Is Married mother, reserved, quick witted, dancing tomboy that loves to help others be all they can be.

What are you currently focusing your energy on in your life?
 My time and heart is dedicated to my family and helping others put their dreams in motion. I'm building my brand as a inspiration educator, motivational speaker and  facilitator.  In a nut shell I'm working on Health, Wealth and Family.
 What does a typical day look like for you? 
6AM bus ride to work. I like to make the most of my time, so I often read books to keep my motivation advice fresh, brainstorm blog topics, update my social media statuses and work on my Social Inspiration book. My Day job kicks in about 8:45 and it's all marketing work until lunch. Next is a lunch work out or Yoga, then back to marketing mayhem until quitting time. When I get home it's all about my family. Dinner, homework, playtime, bath time, Reading time, Prayer and sleepy time. I have 2nd job as a Comedy Club Waitress that I work from 7 - 11 Thursday - Saturday.

What are you favorite family / solo activities? 
Often, My husband and I play sports with our son. Rather it's in the house or outside some type of ball is always being thrown. My son loves to paint, that's usually a Saturday morning activity. I personally love to read books on inspiration, community development and better parenting. My friends are like my sisters, so I love master minding with them. I'm not sure if you would count this as an activity but I spend a chunk of my day encouraging people.

When you hear the word happiness, what is the first thing that comes to mind?
Wealth, Health and Family

Are there any areas in your life you feel the need to improve?
 Yes ma'am. I have a horrible memory, which leads to organization issues. My mind moves at a million miles per hour, so I need to focus on completing one task before I move on to another.

Do you ever feel discouraged? If so, what motivates you?
I'm very optimistic and my glass is always full and over flowing with possibilities. I like to be proactive about motivation. I don't wait until I'm discouraged to start motivating myself. I know things will get tough so I feed my mind and spirit stories of triumph, biblical principles and daily affirmations of success.

What is one life lesson that you would like to share with others?
 Control what you can control and everything else hand to God. We have more power then we give ourself credit for. We all have to start taking responsibility for our success and failures. The sooner we do this, the sooner we can move on to our destiny.
I have to admit I check Chanel's Facebook page for a motivating boost every morning! Here are some of my favorite posts of her's that keep me (and the rest of her facebook family) going...

Goals are achievable for everyone. It takes time, patience, vision, direction, knowledge and meaningful hard work. #Stay hungry

It's easy to find what's wrong with people, I challenge myself by finding what's right with people. #GreatnessGlasses

To choose a career based off money to me is equal to choosing a life partner based off income. You will only stay interested for so long. We need to start seeing our careers as relationships. The truth is you'll have your career as long as your personal relationships. Be sure you're really interested & passionate about what you'll be spending most of your life doing

`
 Her warm, caring personality and passion for spreading positive messages with the world in order to help empower others makes Chanel truly remarkable. Thank you so much for being you Chanel!

Oh, and everyone congratulate Chanel , she is a newlywed and looked absolutely STUNNING on her wedding day!


Keep up the good work girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...