Friday, September 9, 2011

Field Trip Fridays

Today's Field Trip Friday includes one thing I forgot to mention in my "Goodbye Summer" post. My local Pool! For the LONGEST my husband would not let me take my daughter to the public pools. He was terrified of the chlorine level being too high, someone pooping in the pool, even someone splashing too hard. But this summer I (and the 100 degree temps) finally convinced him to let her enjoy the pool. We went to the Forest Park Aquatic Center in Forest Park, Il.
 I think this is probably the best pool in the area for young children. It includes a sprinkler playhouse (pictured above) and cool tube slides. I also love that the deep end is blocked off and the shallow part of the pool is the majority of the pool. You know how some pools are shallow for like...a second...you take three steps and you find yourself slipping off of a seemingly cliff of water. I hate those. But this pool has a generous slant where you are fully aware of how deep you are, and are going.
Another thing I love about this pool is the sandbox. Not a teeny one, a large sandbox with sand that is actually clean!
The big seller about this pool for me was the sprinkler park. I loooooovvvvveee the sprinkler park! My daughter felt the same and it was easy for me not to hoover over her and let her run around in the sprinklers and have a little freedom.
 
Immersive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...