Monday, September 19, 2011

Mogul Mama Mondays

Sometimes we need a little inspiration...people without kids need inspiration, so this week's mogul mama who does it all seemingly without breaking a sweat is the talented, beautiful, and fly Jill Scott!
Jill is is an soul and R & B singer-songwriter, poet and actress. In 2007, Scott made her cinematic debut in the films Houndog and in Tyler Perry's feature film, Why Did I Get Married? That year, her third studio album, The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3, was released on September 25, 2007. She has won three Grammy Awards. She also appeared in the lead role of the BBC/HBO series The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency.



There are no words for how much I love this lady. There is no word for what her presence brings. She is simply magnificent. Check her out here...
http://youtu.be/Cr-lRfbxzYA

her performance with the roots....oweeeee


On how motherhood has influenced her music: "There's something about having a child. I don't know, maybe the 36 hours of labor? It just gave me a new appreciation for my self and my femininity."


Now some people may question my choice of Jill for mogul mama because of her controversial and very honest remarks about the adjustment she made into motherhood. But I applaud her for not being so politically correct and keeping it 110% real about her challenges as a mom...

“I’m going to keep it real gully with you, the first two months I wanted to give him back,” she confesses.
Opening up about her struggles as a first-time mom, Jill is determined to let new mothers know they are not alone in their feelings of desperation.
“I expected someone to come and save me because after you have the baby, nobody cares about you anymore,” she recalls. “Nobody cares if you sleep, nobody cares if you eat. It’s just you and this all-consuming thingy!” Noting that a new baby demands “all of your time and all of your attention,” Jill reveals that the initial period of adjustment “hurts.”

Nowadays pregnancy and babies are truly glamorized and her comments shed light on the real: Being a parent is HARD. Thank You Jill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...