Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Things that make you go mmmmm....

I've noticed that in almost all commercials that feature African American females, they have natural hair. Some even have on wigs that are curly/natural looking.
   
 
Only very recently have I started seeing more of the kinky/afro textures, but I do see a lot of curly hair or curly wigs. I think the media is trying to capitalized on this new embrace by black women of their natural hair. I think that if women see women in the media with natural hair, they'll get more interested in it and may actually want to try it, which would help companies to sell all of these new "natural" lines they are coming out with.
  
 
Has anyone else noticed this? How do you feel about it? Why do you think they are doing this or what message do you think they are trying to send? I would love to hear everyone's opinion on this.
 
and this is probably a WHOLE different issue but it seems if they have straight hair they're angry about something...
 
 
I'm not saying this is in all cases, but seems to be the norm.
I dont get it.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I have noticed that too. I just think that the beauty supply industry wants to cash in on the people that do not care to start a natural journey and just wear their own natural hair. Most of the people that want to wear the curly, and textured wigs find their own natural hair to be a burden. But as for the marketing thing, I think that it's half and half. Lots and lots of relaxer companies are standing. Get blog BTW!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...