Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Restless often?

I've gotten a lot of feedback about my new venture as a blogger. Some of the most eyebrow scrunching moments are overworked and overwhelmed moms (and dads) looking me up and down and asking, "Do you really...I mean REALLY go to all the Field Trip Friday destinations"? And the answer is yes! I am more than often restless and busy. Even after the longest week I will truck my little one down to the crowded city or the wildest birthday party. This is part of why I chose education as my career path. I simply cannot sit in a cubicle all day in front of a computer. Its not me, I'll go insane and drive everyone in the office insane with me. I have to say that a big, big part of that is that I value childhood. I believe you will never have much carefree fun as you will as a child. I want my daughter to enjoy her childhood to the absolute fullest and look back at her memories with salty tears of joy. And what better place to create those memories than the greatest city in the world? CHICAGO!!!!



Yeah I said it. The greatest in the world.

I love my city and I love raising my daughter here.

There's something different about raising city kids, from squeezing strollers into high-rise elevators, staring down the CPS scramble and snagging the last brunch table from that pack of trendy kidless twenty somethings. And for parents who stress whether to raise their kids in the city or the suburbs, Chicago gives you the best of both worlds.
So to loosen your eyebrows and answer your question, Yes, I do truck around this city like a bag lady with camera in tow with the ultimate goal to share my experiences and encourage you to get out there and do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...