Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Goodbye Summer...til we meet again...

Today was a real wake up call for me that summer is indeed leaving and we are headed for a long, long, long winter. As much as I love fall, I have to say I will really miss summer. Here is my countdown of things I will dream about while my toes are frostbit for the cold while I do the electric slide trying to keep my balance enough to shovel my car out of a parking spot.

1. Driving on the expressway with all the windows down to emulate that "Hey, I'm in a tornado" effect.


2. Sundresses. For me and T. This summer was the first time she began to have an opinion about what she wore and all she wanted was...you guessed it, Sundresses.


3. Hood sprinklers. Some neighborhood guys grab some tools and a board...instant party.


4. Lightening bugs.
I am not at all a "bug" person. I actually really hate them. But you gotta admit, a backyard full of neon flickers just make you feel good. Lightening bugs are the most awesome of all things awesome.
My mom used to tell me stories of how she and her cousins would rip the light off of them and make earrings....yeah, I almost barfed too. But that's her lightning bug memory. Whats yours?

5. Block Parties. When I was a kid I loved block parties because I had an excuse to ride my bike in the street until the street lights came on, and then ride some more. Today I love them because the people who live in that house down the block finally come out and it turns out they are actually pretty nice, not nearly as creepy as they seem while they peer out at you from their faded lace drapes.


6. Cargo Shorts on guys (by guys I mean my husband, lol). I love the way he looks in comfy cargo's, and I always stock up when good ole' Old Navy has a sale.


7. Alfresco
There is nothing as pleasant as eating outside. There are no words, I just love it.


8. Mario's Italian Lemonade in University Village.
Coconut flavor please, oh and add a bag of cashews. Thanks.
Yum!

9. Fishing. The one thing I failed to do this summer. I love fishing as long as someone puts the worm on the hook for me ;)


Did I miss anything? What will you miss?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...