Friday, October 14, 2011

Vintage never dies...

After two years and one month, I have finally decided to began to prepare my daughter's room for her to sleep in. It is currently a huge pile of stuff (both hers and ours) and badly needs to be organized.
Her grandmother gladly handed down her bedroom set from when she was a little girl and we were so greatful. Along with what I have to work with, I have decided to go with a vintage theme for her room.
I was never a really into "character" themes for bedrooms. I find them distracting. Even as a teacher parents would complain about their kids having trouble going to sleep and sure enough, they had Toy Story or Dora plastered all over every inch of their bedroom, stimulating their little brains to always be active and thinking of play...never being able to clear their minds and calm for a good night's sleep.  While searching the web, I found some inspiration and decided to share the pics...
img 0405 300x200 Vintage inspired nurseries and kids rooms


neo3 Vintage inspired nurseries and kids rooms
I HAVE to have one of these in her room, so adorable!
Pastel Cabinet Toys Books HTOURS0706 de Vintage inspired nurseries and kids rooms
I would NEVER have a bookshelf of this height in her room for obvious safety reasons, but I love the letters on the wall along with the old school toys displayed at the top.
oooohhhh I wish I knew how to make sihlouette pillows! I have a sihlouette tutorial on the blog, and those will definitely be an element added to this vintage room, but the pillows are too cute!
 These two are probably my favorite.
girl bedroom design by Di Liddo Perego 2 Inspiration Bedroom Design for Girl Children by Di Liddo Perego
girl bedroom design by Di Liddo Perego 3 Inspiration Bedroom Design for Girl Children by Di Liddo Perego
I dont know about the green wall but the bed is hot.
girl bedroom design by Di Liddo Perego 4 Inspiration Bedroom Design for Girl Children by Di Liddo Perego
I've never been too big on Barbie wither, but these vintage Barbie prints are sooo cute!
For the finishing touches...
Chandeliers are making a huge comeback
and a vintage dollhouse is a cool keepsake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...