Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hallowen Traditions

There are many Halloween traditions that people have. Carving pumpkins, visiting farms, decorating their houses, and trick or treating are the usuals, be me, being unusual, have a tradition that I dont bring upon myself. And this is getting the S@&# scared out of me. I'm not talking about a "Boo!" from behind a tree scare, I'm talking a real "This isnt normal, I may be scared for my life" scare.
Last year, my husband and I decided to have a date night and go to a haunted house. After spending 3 hours in line for a 30 minute walk through, we decided to make the most of the night by grabbing a few drinks. We pulled in the garage, walked up to the back door, and sat down on the couch. I was all ready and set for bed when my husband went back out on the porch for a quick ciggarette. He rushed back in pulling me out of bed saying "Come look at this...I think I'm seeing things!" And there, standing in our neighbors yard was a person. Dressed in all black and holding a pumpkin...swaying. Not kidding. Just standing there looking at us.

Now let me remind you we just left a haunted house and I was still halfway buzzed...it freaked me out. So I did what any person would do...called the police. (lol)
They came, and turns out this pumpkin swaying weirdo was my naighbor who had enjoyed a night of partying and....some kind of party "aid" forced her to act in this strange way. The cops said she was completely out of it and had to take her in because she had no keys, they didnt want to leave her on the street.
One Halloween, I was partying at Excalibur in downtown Chicago. Now this place is rumored to be haunted by ghosts from the great chicago fire. A friend of mine was fixing her makeup in the mirror when all of a sudden her face went blank. She ran away from the mirror towards the door. I asked her what was wrong and she said there was someone else in her reflection.

 We tried to leave...and the door was STUCK! We pulled and yelled for at least a minute which felt like an eternity until it finally opened. When I asked her what she really saw, she, a brown skinned long haired girl said she saw a white person with red hair...creepy.
I have yet to face my greatest fear, which movies seem to love to glorify...
ZOMBIES!
 Not the slow, murming Night of The Living Dead zombies, but the new age super athletic zombies like the ones in Dawn of the Dead and ZombieLand...You can outrun the slow ones, but these are a whole different ball game...Hence the Zombieland Rule #1 CARDIO...
 Oh better believe I have all the rules of zombie survival down...

I can be your kickass partner...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...