Wednesday, August 31, 2011

FIELD TRIP FRIDAYS



Hey Mommies! This is a quick review of one of my recent "field trips" I've taken with my 23 month old daughter in the Chicago land area. I will try to make sure I post a new "FIELD TRIP" post every Friday. My Gym, also has locations in other states so this post is not limited to Chicago area families. The My Gym Children's Fitness Center location I went to is in River Forest, a suburb about 15 minutes west of downtown Chicago.

We signed up for a free trial class, Little Tumblers, which lasted 45 minutes. The class was pretty full, but there was enough activities and equipment to keep my little one busy and not waiting to take a turn to use something. (We all know toddlers CANNOT wait for anything).
As an Early Childhood Professional, and self-proclaimed "Helicopeter mom" I was on the prowl for safety. The space was bright, colorful, and inviting to young children. I did however feel that the equipment was not very safe for children to explore independently, so I advise to always stay near.
The class was great overall. There was time for the children to explore and make choices on their own and also time for them to come together and do group activities. They also sang songs and played instruments, which my kiddo really enjoyed. Awesome staff also, the director was very nice and checked in on us to see how my daughter was liking the space. Here are some pics of the space:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...