Friday, December 2, 2011

Accusations

Accusations really annoy me.

Especially when they are stereotypical. One of the most annoying stereotypes I have been running into headfirst is that since I am a young, black mom...I must have a "baby daddy"...

I dont know why of all stereotypes, this one annoys me the most...maybie not the most but pretty dam bad.  Yes I look young, but I'm not a teenager. Yes I have a baby, and she has a father, who is also my husband. Why do people try to deduce fathers of african american children to the status of a babby daddy? This, to me, sounds like a trifling individual who does not take an active role in their child's life and offer support (forced or not).
I say we abolish this phrase.
Who's with me!?!



2 comments:

  1. i say more people stop having baby daddy's and have actual husbands, such as yourself. with a 72% + out of wedlock rate, I guess it's not shocking that black moms are considered to be baby mamas more than wives....because most are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY agree, women have to make better desicions about who they lay down with, that person could potentially be a part of your life for the rest of their life...I think that in the black community the family dynamic is missing...not that it's not important to us...but something...not sure what...is changing...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...